thyssenkrupp Elevator are well known worldwide for exceptional engineering quality and innovation, however both of these attributes are preceded with a desire to understand our working environment and the requirements of our customers. As part of our mission ‘engineering. tomorrow. together.’, we’re proud to announce that the RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects) has asked us to deliver a seminar on the requirements of UK and European lift regulations. These regulations ensure the elevator equipment considered by visionary design team satisfy all current regulations covering defined under EN-81 European Lift Regulations which takes precedence over BS5588 and is referenced by building regulations in conjunction with the Disable Discrimination Act.
The main sections covered during the seminar will be:
- EN 81-1 Electric (traction) Elevators
- EN 81-20 (NEW) Safety rules for the construction & installation of passenger and goods
passenger elevators (electric & hydraulic)
- EN 81-28 Remote alarms and communication requirements
- EN 81-50 (NEW) Design rules, calculations, examinations and tests of elevator components
- EN 81-70 Elevators for persons with disability
- EN 81-72 Firefighting elevators
- EN 81-73 Behaviour of elevators in the event of a fire
Additional information will be provided in respect to the characteristics of elevators determined by the type project, its functionality and overall size of a building. The short seminars will be hosted at architects practices over a consultative work shop luncheon following which all participants will receive the required RIBA accreditation along with a commemorative certificate. To request a CPD at your office, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be in touch to arrange a seminar at your convenience.