Daily press, 2020-04-22, 08:30 AM
thyssenkrupp Elevator underscores safety guidelines for the urban mobility industry during pandemic
- Advises that all mobility units, especially elevators, must be cleaned more frequently
- Emphasizes the significance of predictive maintenance for technical equipment
- Properly working elevators and escalators are critical in institutions like hospitals
As one of the world’s leading service providers, thyssenkrupp Elevator is aware of its responsibility to ensure ongoing mobility in buildings, especially for crucial infrastructures such as health and public facilities. The company is therefore making every effort to ensure that its services remain fully available to all customers, while further elaborating the industry’s health and safety norms.
The service teams remain on duty when it comes to preventive maintenance activities and call-backs of elevator and escalator systems to ensure the availability of thyssenkrupp systems. All emergency call services are in place and fully operational.
thyssenkrupp Elevator is reinforcing the recommendations of governmental and health authorities, with specific directives on how to use mobility equipment in the current scenario. Moreover, the company implemented measures for extra precaution and makes sure that special conditions at customer sites are adhered to.
In view of the current situation, thyssenkrupp Elevator has developed some concrete rules of conduct for users and operators of mobility solutions to mitigate the spread of Covid-19.
What users should do:
- Use the elevator, if possible, with as few people as possible
- Avoid touching the elevator buttons directly; cover fingers with a cloth or glove
- Avoid leaning against walls and don’t touch the handrails
- Wash your hands after each trip
What operators should do:
- Keep the elevator doors open for a longer time to increase air ventilation; this is possible during cleaning or at times when the elevator is not in use;
- Intensify the cleaning of the elevator, preferably every hour, especially the call buttons and the internal parts of the cabin;
- Cleaning must be performed by a trained professional who is not in the Covid-19 risk group.
thyssenkrupp Elevator also offers specific solutions for cleaning escalators to ensure that the hygiene levels are maintained.
Infographics are available for download here. (Credit: thyssenkrupp Elevator)
Head of Communications
thyssenkrupp Elevator AG
thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group’s global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of €8.0 billion in fiscal 2018/2019 and customers in over 100 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world’s leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years’ time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers’ individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 1,000 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.
thyssenkrupp is a technology group with strengths in materials. Over 162,000 employees in 78 countries work with passion and technological know-how to develop high-quality products and intelligent industrial processes and services for sustainable progress. Their skills and commitment are the basis of our success. In fiscal year 2018/2019 thyssenkrupp generated sales of €42.0 billion. Together with our customers we develop competitive solutions for future challenges in their respective industries. With our engineering expertise we enable our customers to gain an edge in the global market and manufacture innovative products in a cost- and resource-friendly way. Our technologies and innovations are the key to meeting diverse customer and market requirements around the world, growing on the markets of the future, and generating stable earnings, cash flows and value growth.